Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Rumour Has It"

The Martin Chronicles youngest reporter thinks she can finally explain it. The rest of the staff has been trying to figure out just how Villa Hills Mayor Mike Martin can handle snakes in the Branch Norwoodian Temple on Sundays and then restart his steady stream of lying the moment he exits the building.

You know the lies. Just for kicks, we will remind you of just a few of them.
  • "I'm happy to report I'm not suing you."
  • "I will bring truth and integrity to the mayor's office."
  • "I found $30,000."
  • "I'm not doing unlicensed electrical and plumbing work."
  • "No one knew the combination to the safe." 
  • "I'd rather pay a little over time".
  • "I only took computers that were in storage."
  • "I have no idea who put the PRO ROAD TAX flyer in the Voice of Villa Hills."
  • "$47.50 per hour clerk/bookkeeper Cordelia Schaber found the same $30,000."
  • "Every record we burned is listed on the document I gave to city council."
  • "MARY HARDMAN is responsible for the document burn."
  • "I found the same $30,000 again."
  • "I never had the opportunity to sit down with Phil Taliaferro's 'company'(?)."
  • "I've taken the HIGH ROAD."
  • "I will send the budget to you in 24 hours."
Our summer-college-intern cub reporter says its simple. She says she really likes the song Rumour Has It by Adele. She told us there is a line in the song that perfectly explains what must constantly go though Martin's vacuous mind as he spins tale after tale after tale after tale after tale after tale.

"Just 'cause I said it, don't mean I meant it. Just 'cause you heard it."

Yup, that certainly works.

Here is the ongoing question you will read from The Martin Chronicles. The 2012 city council elections are just 166 days away. Will a majority of voters give Martin-assuming that he has survived what has been a shocking exposition of his criminal activity and official misconduct-a working majority on council in some foolish desire for "peace"? If they fall for it again-LOOK OUT!