Martin is clearly facing difficulty in his taxpayer-funded effort to gain yet another four, very dreadful years sitting in the mayor's office. Many residents have told our reporters that they have told Martin "thanks, but no thanks" when the diminutive dictator has come a-knocking on their door. Many other residents have expressed outrage about Martin's corruption, incompetence and incessant lying. Martin's "yard sign count" is way down from 2010. In a one-on-one race, we'd be prepared to predict that the mismanaging Martin was about to go down in a landslide defeat of historic proportions.
But, this is not a one-on-one race. The undeserving Martin has been the beneficiary of a four-way race. Think about that for just a moment. Martin could actually be re-elected with just 26% of November 4's vote. If that doesn't scare the heck out of you, it most certainly should. Martin is banking on that, after all.
So, here we are again. We are on the brink of the final weekend before the all-important voting begins in Villa Hills. The Martin Chronicles is a firm believer in "past is prologue". Having written that, we are going to make some predictions about what Villa Hills residents will see in the closing days of the campaign.
Here's what will-or, in some cases, better-happen:
- Any mayoral or council candidate who is not out "walking and talking" on this final weekend before the election is absolutely begging for defeat on November 4. Despite what terrible candidates like Mary Koenig and Summer Berger seem to believe, the residents absolutely deserve to hear the "issue positions" of all of the candidates before they cast their votes next Tuesday.
- Martin and his corrupt surrogates are bound to be travelling pillar to post in Villa Hills dishing dirt on each of his three-far-better-opponents this last weekend before the voting begins. If any of Martin's opponents decide to take this weekend off, they do so at their election peril. Look for a door-to-door flier from unidentified Martin supporters accusing his three opponents of embezzlement, drug abuse, tawdry sexual liaisons, attempts to run his granddaughter over with a car, building a team hell-bent on destroying the city and several other false types of misdeeds.
- Martin and other snout-in-the-taxpayer-funded-trough surrogates will position themselves Monday night at the intersection of Buttermilk Pike, Collins Road and Western Reserve waving "Elect Mike Martin for Mayor" signs and smiling at the residents driving by. Any of the three Martin opponents who are not occupying that same space, doing the same, exact thing Monday evening are begging for election failure.
- Martin and more likely other snout-in-the-taxpayer-funded-trough surrogates (like Martin's mean-spirited wife Janet and bucket-headed $47.50 per hour taxpayer-funded bookkeeper Cordelia Schaber) will position themselves at the polling areas waving signs saying such dishonest things as "Elect Martin and Keep the City Moving Forward". Opponents of Martin's rampant corruption and abject mismanagement better be there countering Martin's abject lies to stop "low information" voters from making another huge mistake.
- Martin and-more likely-his surrogates will VIOLATE ELECTION LAW-as they did in 2012-by passing out literature supporting the tiny tyrant inside the legal borders allowing such activity. If the three Martin opponents aren't fully ready to capture the Martin surrogate's ILLEGAL ACTIVITY on videotape and counter-act their incredible LIES, they are begging for defeat on Election Day.
Are the voters up to the task?