The reaction our reporters continue to witness is like watching a large group of people describing their experiences as if they had awakened from an hypnotic trance. Our reporters have heard many people say things like, "I can't believe I ever trusted a thing that guy (Martin) said" or "whatever made me think such a stupid little man had the capacity to manage anything", acting like the poor subject who refuses to believe that they actually clucked and strutted like a chicken after being mesmerized by the hypnotist who brought them up on the stage.
But, Martin was able to mesmerize a good number of-otherwise-more-or-less-bright-people in to, first, voting for him in 2010 and, second, throwing out a hard-working City Council who spent the first two, dreadful years of Martin's mayoral tenure opposing the former tiny tyrant's corruption and incompetence in the 2012 election. The facts are the facts. These terrible things did happen.
So, how did these terrible things happen? Well, Martin exactly fits the mold of almost every tin pot dictator and tyrant who have wreaked mayhem and havoc since time immemorial. Martin is certainly not the first "bad guy" who used lies and fear to get them the power they so desperately craved.
Much like previous despots, Martin was twice able to falsely convince an inexplicably gullible electorate that he was their "champion". Martin deftly deceived people in to believing that he was the "one" who would fight the undefined "dark forces" that were supposedly conspiring to "keep them all down". Don't you remember the morons who wore hats adorned with signs reading "Follow Me To The Witch Hunt" at Martin's much-deserved 2012 removal hearing? Heck, even a former Kenton County Judge Executive committed political suicide when he publicly backed the undeserving Martin. Sad. But also very true.
Like virtually all tyrannical rulers who eventually-and most deservedly-end up in history's dustbin, Martin cleverly used bogus "straw men" who they dishonestly claimed were out to "get everybody" in order to attain the power they supposedly desired. Martin's undeserving "straw men" were Sadouskas, Schutzman, Goodenough, Bruns, Kilburn, Ringo, Sogar, Taliaferro, Duncan, Robbins, road work (that Martin completely ignored for his four years as mayor), the city budget (that Martin recklessly mismanaged) and the hated, unfair $40 per car sticker tax (that Martin fully embraced until he became desperate for re-election in 2014).
And, like virtually all tyrannical rulers who eventually-and most deservedly-ended up in history's dustbin, Martin had his fair share of "useful idiots" who foolishly aided him in pushing his pernicious propaganda. Do you want at least a partial list of these "useful idiots"? Of course you do:
- Every single corrupt civic club ass clown. You should know who these morons are by now. If you don't, just check out the useless jack-wagons who huddle around the "lodge bar" virtually any night of the week.
- Former Council-geek Mike Pope, whose sick websites intentionally spread Martin's lies for years.
- Local lunatic Boom-shaka-laka, who-for his own sick, twisted reasons-was willing to spread Martin's sick lies on rubber-banded toe tags that he crazily distributed all over town in 2010.
- Former Council-stoner Jim Noll, who was the only one impressed with his pompous and misguided pronouncements.
- The dishonest-and failed 2012 council candidate-Dale Schaber, who 2012 voters correctly decided was only trying to protect the $47.50 per hour, taxpayer-funded, rip-off, crony-hire job Martin handed to his wife Cordelia to cover Martin's fouled-up financial tracks. Fortunately, Dale Schaber is staring down the barrel of a serious lawsuit for his fraudulent efforts.
- The small band of twisted teeny-boppers who inexplicably felt compelled to lick the bottom of Martin's hob-nailed jackboots as they desperately toiled to prop up their undeserving teen-idol tyrant.
- The mean-spirited, social-networking opinionated haters who evidently crave nothing more than to screw-over undeserving people simply to find a way to justify their sick, twisted "world view".
- The vile, ancient crocodile Mary Koenig, who has been spreading her own brand of baseless and dishonest HATRED since before she was first elected to city council in the last century-1989 to be exact.
- The moronic woman who took to a podium in early 2013 to bewilderingly proclaim that, "this mayor (Martin) does great things for people". If this pathetic idiot wants to really know what happened between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2014, she needs to talk to former Villa Hills Police Chief Dan Goodenough. But, of course, she is too much of a craven coward to do that.
We get on our knees and pray, "We don't get fooled again".
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Next up, the words that may have finally brought 82% of Villa Hills' voters out of Martin's demonic spell.]